Students at La Trobe Melbourne who are under 18 years of age, on a student visa coming to Australia without a parent, must have an approved Carer until they turn 18.
Parents must use the Nomination of Carer and Accommodation form, to choose from the following two options:
- nominate a suitable guardian who resides in Australia (via the 'Nomination of a Student Guardian' form, at the DIAC (Australian Immigration) office in your home country), OR
- appoint La Trobe Melbourne as the nominated Carer.
- With either option the student is required to pay a Carer Fee.
- Students who have La Trobe Melbourne as nominated Carer must also stay in a La Trobe Melbourne approved Homestay (see Information Sheet, and below).
- These arrangements must be made before a Confirmation of Enrolment will be issued.
Fees for Under 18 year old students
ALL students under 18 years of age, on a student visa, studying at La Trobe Melbourne will be given special supervision and monitoring by the La Trobe Melbourne Student Counsellor, and incur the following costs (until they turn 18):
- $150, for the first 4 weeks, then
- $35 per week thereafter
Students who have nominated La Trobe Melbourne as Carer, must also pay:
- Accommodation placement: $220
- Airport pickup: $120 one way and $160 return
- Homestay: $265 per week (which includes 3 meals per day) plus $300 bond. (The student should make the payment directly to the family.)
The above fees must be paid in full when the student accepts the offer in addition to tuition and OSHC fees.