Students at La Trobe Melbourne who are under 18 years of age, on a student visa coming to Australia without a parent, must have an approved Carer until they turn 18.
Parents must use the Nomination of Carer and Accommodation form, to choose from the following two options:
- nominate a suitable guardian who resides in Australia (via the 'Nomination of a Student Guardian' form, at the DIBP (Australian Immigration office in your home country), OR
- appoint La Trobe Melbourne as the nominated Carer.
- With either option the student is required to pay a Carer Fee.
- Students who have La Trobe Melbourne as nominated carer must also stay in a La Trobe Melbourne approved Homestay.
- These arrangements must be made before a Confirmation of Enrolment will be issued.
Fees for Under 18 year old students
ALL students under 18 years of age, on a student visa, studying at La Trobe Melbourne will be given special supervision and monitoring by the La Trobe Melbourne Student Counsellor, and incur the following costs (until they turn 18):
Students who have nominated La Trobe Melbourne as Carer, must also pay:
- Accommodation placement: $240 to Australian Homestay Network
- Airport pickup: $120 one way and $160 return to La Trobe Melbourne
- Homestay: $305 per week (which includes 3 meals per day). Please note: the student will need to pay 4 weeks of homestay accomodation fees plus accommodation placement fee to Australian Homestay Network prior to arrival in Australia.
The above fees must be paid in full to Australian Homestay Network when the student accepts the homestay offer. In addition, the student must pay tuition fees and Overseas Student Health Cover fees to La Trobe Melbourne.