Transferring to La Trobe University
La Trobe Melbourne Foundation Studies to Diploma
To gain entry from Foundation Studies to the Diploma, students must pass (50% or over) all four subjects in Stage B.
La Trobe Melbourne Diploma to La Trobe University
International students who gain the required entry will be given an unconditional full-fee paying place in second year of a bachelor degree.
Australian citizens who gain the required entry will be eligible to apply for a CSP in second year of the relevant Bachelor degree.
The following criteria apply for all students to gain entry to second year:
- Completed and passed eight La Trobe Melbourne Diploma units; and
- Obtain a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) with respect to the La Trobe Melbourne Diploma as stated below, taking into account all subjects attempted at La Trobe Melbourne.
|Diploma||La Trobe University Degree||WAM required||Places available#|
|Bioscience||Bachelor of Agricultural Sciences||50||Unlimited|
|Bachelor of Animal and Veterinary Biosciences||70||Unlimited|
|Bachelor of Biological Sciences||50||Unlimited|
|Bachelor of Biomedicine||70||Unlimited|
|Bachelor of Science (all majors)||50||Unlimited|
|Business||Bachelor of Accounting||60||Unlimited|
|Bachelor of Business (Accounting and Finance)*||50||Unlimited|
|Bachelor of Business (Event Management/ Marketing)||50||Unlimited|
|Bachelor of Business (all other majors)||50||Unlimited|
|Bachelor of Commerce||70||Unlimited|
|Bachelor of Finance||50||Unlimited|
|Bachelor of International Business||50||Unlimited|
|Engineering||Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours)||60||Unlimited|
|Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Industrial)||60||Unlimited|
|Bachelor of Science (Maths major)||50||Unlimited|
|Health Sciences||Bachelor of Applied Science and Master of Clinical Prosthetics and Orthotics^||75||2|
|Bachelor of Applied Science and Master of Dietetic Practice*||80 + 75 minimum for Human Bioscience subjects||2|
|Bachelor of Applied Science and Master of Occupational Therapy Practice^||75||5|
|Bachelor of Applied Science and Master of Orthoptics^||70||2|
|Bachelor of Applied Science and Master of Physiotherapy Practice^||80 + 75 minimum for Human Bioscience subjects||5|
|Bachelor of Applied Science and Master of Podiatric Practice^||70||6|
|Bachelor of Applied Science and Master of Speech Pathology^||80||5|
|Bachelor of Exercise Science*%||65||15|
|Bachelor of Health Sciences||50||Unlimited|
|Bachelor of Health Sciences (Medical Classification)/Bachelor of Health Information Management^||65||10|
|Bachelor of Human Nutrition*||70 + 70 minimum for Human Bioscience subjects||5|
|Bachelor of Nursing^||65||60|
|Information Technology||Bachelor of Business Information Systems||50||Unlimited|
|Bachelor of Information Technology||50||Unlimited|
|Media and Communications||Bachelor of Arts (all majors other than Media Studies)*||50||Unlimited|
|Bachelor of Arts (Media Studies)||50||Unlimited|
|Bachelor of Media and Communication (Journalism)||60||Unlimited|
|Bachelor of Media and Communication (Media Industries)||50||Unlimited|
|Bachelor of Media and Communication (Public Relations)||50||Unlimited|
*Students will be credited with 6 to 7 subjects only (90 credit points to 105 credit points) depending on the subjects chosen/available and will have to do additional first-year subjects which may prolong the duration of the course.
#Any quota assigned to a La Trobe University degree applies to both Australian and international students. The highest ranked students will be offered a place.
% From 2018, this degree will be run at La Trobe University's Bendigo campus.
^Minimum IELTS level applies for international students as below before gaining entry to 2nd year of the degree:
- B. Nursing - IELTS 7.0 with no band less than 6.5
- B. Health Science (MedClass) & Bachelor of Health Info Management - IELTS 6.5 with no band less than 6.0
- B. Applied Sci & M. Podiatric Practice - IELTS 7.0 with no band less than 7.0
- B. Applied Sci & M. Physiotherapy Practice - IELTS 7.0 with no band less than 7.0
- B. Applied Sci & M. Speech Pathology - IELTS 7.5 with no band less than 7.0
- B. Applied Sci & M. Occ. Therapy Practice - IELTS 7.0 with no band less than 7.0
- B. Applied Sci & M. Clinical Prosthetics & Orthotics - IELTS 6.5 with no band less than 6.0
- B. Applied Sci & M. Orthoptics - IELTS 6.5 with no band less than 6.0