Diploma of Bioscience
A Diploma of Bioscience provides an introduction to biology, chemistry and ecology, and will set you on a path to gain the knowledge to help solve global issues.
You will learn about the structure, functions and interactions of living organisms, and begin to discuss some big issues such as climate change, the protection of endangered animals and cancer treatment.
Your direct pathway to La Trobe University
|Year||Domestic Student||International Student||FEE-HELP|
available for domestic students
Two or three trimesters
February and June
Year 12 Mathematics (any)
8 subjects required for completion of the Diploma. Subjects studied dependent on Bachelor degree chosen.
- Molecules, Genes and Cells
- Chemistry Foundations
- Experimental Foundations of Psychological Science
- Data-Based Critical Thinking
- Statistics for Life Sciences
- Human Biosciences B
- Applications of Chemistry
- Ecology, Evolution and Biodiversity
- Research and Evidence in Practice
- Individual Determinants of Health
- Clinical Foundations of Psychological Science
Entry into 2nd year of
- Bachelor of Agricultural Sciences
- Bachelor of Animal and Veterinary Bioscience*
- Bachelor of Biological Sciences
- Bachelor of Biomedicine*
- Bachelor of Science (Majors available: Biochemistry, Botany, Chemistry, Genetics, Microbiology, Statistics, Zoology)
*Students require a minimum weighted average mark (WAM) to progress into second year as listed in the table on the Transferring to University page.
Potential career paths at the completion of a bachelor degree
- Biological scientist
- Environmental scientist
- Government and private industry research; microbiology
- Scientific and medical research specialist