About La Trobe Melbourne
Guarantee your place at La Trobe
La Trobe Melbourne offers another way into La Trobe University ranked in the top 1.4 per cent of universities worldwide (QS World University Rankings 2017).
We help students that do not meet the University’s academic and/or English requirements gain entry to the first or second year of their chosen La Trobe degree.
Our pathway programs to La Trobe include a range of specialised foundation courses and diplomas that lead to more than 100 degrees. We also offer English language programs, IELTS prep courses and we are an official IELTS testing venue.
Since 2010, our programs have transformed the lives of thousands of students from Australia and around the world. We are the experts in giving students the ideal mix of confidence, skills and knowledge to be successful, and help hundreds of students each semester realise their dream of studying at La Trobe University.
Why choose La Trobe Melbourne?
- 1. Guaranteed entry
- Your place at La Trobe is secured when you successfully complete one of our foundation or diploma programs, subject to minimum grade requirements.
- 2. Entry into second year of your degree
- Our diplomas are equivalent to the first year of your degree, so you can progress into second year at La Trobe University.
- 3. Fast-track option
- You can opt to complete our 12-month diplomas in just 8 months, which means we can get you to the second year of your La Trobe degree in less than a year.
- 4. Ideal learning environment
- Benefit from small class sizes, a new building fitted with the latest technology, and free support services including one-on-one tutoring, English improvement sessions and study skills workshops.
- 5. The university experience
- As we are located at La Trobe University’s Bundoora campus, you will immediately feel like a university student, having access to all the best facilities, social activities and clubs.
- 6. Assurance of quality
- We are La Trobe University’s preferred pathway provider and our academic programs are developed in collaboration with the University.
- 7. Expert teachers
- Our highly qualified lecturers specialise in university preparation, and understand the unique needs of international students transitioning to a new culture, language and education system.
- 8. Flexible start times
- With three intakes a year in February, June and October for most courses, you don’t have to wait to start your pathway to La Trobe University.
Experience La Trobe Melbourne through our interactive campus tour.
Welcome to La Trobe Melbourne
Welcome to La Trobe Melbourne, the pathway college of La Trobe University. I am delighted you are considering a future with us.
La Trobe Melbourne offers English language programs and alternative academic pathways to La Trobe University undergraduate programs. The college has been part of the University's main campus in Melbourne since 1974, and we are proud to offer one of the most diverse international student populations in Australia.
The college is located at the picturesque La Trobe University Melbourne Campus in Melbourne and offers a supportive learning environment with small class sizes designed to enhance the success rate of our students. English programs include: General English and English for Further Studies (Academic English).
Here at La Trobe Melbourne, we provide learning and teaching technologies, a fully resourced Independent Learning Centre, as well as cultural events and activities. All La Trobe Melbourne students are welcome to access a full range of University facilities, including library, computer/study halls, sports centre, clubs and associations, and more.
I look forward to welcoming you to the college community and encourage you to make La Trobe Melbourne the first step in achieving your goals.
La Trobe Melbourne
La Trobe Melbourne at La Trobe University's Bundoora campus
La Trobe University, Sylvia Walton Building
Bundoora VIC 3086
Telephone: +61 (0)3 9479 2417
Facsimile: +61 (0)3 9479 3676